How to Get Back to Sleep After Waking Up
1. Try to remedy any external distractions
- alarm clock light that glows in your face
- noise you hear from outside traffic
- a pet that routinely crawls in and out of your bed
2. Make sure you don’t add anything stimulating to the mix. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- flipping on a laptop or TV
- turning on a light to read a book
3. Try visualization to calm your nerves and help you fall back asleep - Start by tensing and releasing different body parts; shoulders, fists, toes, etc.
- Then breathe in deep through your nose and exhale through your mouth
- Finally, concentrate all your senses visualizing a tranquil scene, like a brook running through a lush forest or a warm day at the beach, listening to the waves roll in and out.
Sweet dre... Zzzz
#sleep #sleepy #sleeping #bedtime #sleepwear